Bullying is when these things happen lots of times:
- Mean words
- Name calling
- Cyber bullying
- It is on purpose (deliberate), the person wants to hurt or harm the other person
Bullying is not:
- A one off fight or argument
- A friend sometimes being nasty
- An argument with a friend
How can we stop Bullying?
- Tell the bully to stop
- Walk away
- Talk to a teacher, parent or friend
- Report bad behaviour
- Make friends with someone else
- If we all adhere to our core values (especially ‘kindness’)
- Put our ‘owl’ in the communications box to report any concerns or worries we might have
Bystanders we need your help!
- If others stand up and discourage bullying, the bullying often stops
- If someone helps another person when they are being bullied, the bullying is likely to stop within 10 seconds
How do we challenge bullying at Liskeard Hillfort Primary?
- We are explicit about our core values at all times
- We celebrate anti-bullying day on an annual basis
- We have a detailed log of all bullying incidents that records any issues
- Where appropriate, employ restorative practice so that all parties develop understanding
We take bullying seriously here at Liskeard Hillfort Primary School. Did you know we have our very own email address which goes directly to the Principal and the Vice Principal. This allows us parents/carers to bring any issues to our attention immediately.