Our behaviour policy is firmly based on being positive; we expect children to behave well and they are praised and rewarded when they do.
We have six golden rules:
- We respect each other – we treat people the way we would like to be treated
- We are honest – we do not cover up the truth
- We work hard – we do not waste our own time or other people’s time
- We look after property – we do not waste or damage things
- We are kind and helpful– we do not hurt anyone or their feelings
- We listen to each other – we do not interrupt
Children earn house points for effort and achievement for their House Team and collect stickers on reward charts.
Children are allocated to one House Team – named after six Cornish rivers:
At Friday’s achievement assembly, one child per class is awarded a Star of the Week certificate and our lunch time assistants nominate two children for a special lunchtime award.
Children in Year 6 are trained as playground leaders and work with younger children, helping to organise games and sort out any minor disputes.
In the classroom, we follow a system of assertive discipline, which is based on being positive and is designed to cause minimum disruption to learning. For our Key Stage 2 pupils, if they misbehave, they move through a series of five discipline steps, where the fifth (rarely used) step is being sent to the Principal.